Saturday 1 January 2011

NY!




Happy New YEAR!

There is nothing quite like the start of a new year to make you feel positive. I started off today by eating a bowl of porridge and going for a long, long walk; despite the fact I had a bit of a muddled head from half a bottle of cava and no food the night before...whoops!

I hope you all had a lovely evening - we stayed in and watched television and cracked open the cava at around 11pm - loads of fireworks were going off even then and when the bells chimed there was a spectacular display down the road - I think I saw more fireworks last night than I did for the last two guy fawkes night combined!

As a general rule, I don't really make resolutions because I'm hopeless at keeping them. This year I would like to be closer to my goal weight (or at it, if I work hard enough) and to get fitter - I was getting there in the summer but when I stopped tracking my points I generally stopped doing as much walking, and lost the rhythm. When I reach 15st I would like to do the C25k plan, and will invest in a sports bra to aid this venture!

The good thing about living by the coast is there are lots of wonderful walks or runs to be had by the sea, and it's very picturesque. Obviously the weather isn't great at the moment but there is a lot to be said of wrapping up warm and embracing the chill, walking quickly to get warm.

Yesterday I used some of my weekly allowance to have some cava, although because I didn't have dinner I wasn't far over my daily points. I don't think I'm going to be using them very often as we don't go out that much, but it's nice to know they are there if I need them.

I'm looking forward to my tea later, pork loin with kale!

Here is to 2011 - may your dreams come true xxx

Happy Slimming =)

Missyb -x-

No comments:

Post a Comment