Thursday 17 February 2011

tale of woe

well well well.

As I'm sure you can tell by my absence, I went a bit AWOL. Fortunately I *think* I am back, but I am not putting too much pressure on myself this time round.

I decided to go back to meetings - the discipline of weighing in with other people I think has always been the secret to my (limited) success, plus the support of meetings and learning new skills regarding weight loss and exercise. I am now weighing in on a Monday right on my doorstep - it's not the same as my old meeting which is a shame, but the important thing is the leader is good.

I put on 10lbs of the 11.5lbs I lost over the course of a month, through comfort eating, feeling low and ill, and not doing enough exercise. I stopped doing my daily walk and I stopped tracking, as well as making absolutely shiteous choices for food. Rob has put on about half a stone since Christmas too, I think we're both feeling a bit rubbish this winter - he's gone to the doctors to get a new set of tablets as his were not working, and I generally feel a bit crummy.

My starting weight is 16st 10lbs. My 10% is 15st 0.5lbs which is my lowest weight with WW, but my first goal is to get into the 15's again. For some reason I could never crack the 14's, I always got lax before I got there (my lowest weight was 15st 2lbs last summer) but I want to be slimmer than that for the summer because I felt comfortable(ish) in my skin.

During my period of non-WWing, I went to the hospital to have a scan on my ovaries. I suffer from PCOS and I thought about six months ago it had improved as I started to get semi-regular periods. Since putting on a stone and a half they've disappeared again, so I wondered whether Metformin would be good to help me regulate my periods and help with weight loss. Anyway, the scan showed alot of cysts so the doctor was happy to put me on it. I started taking it yesterday (1 tablet a day, to increase week by week) so we'll see how it works.

So far this is my third day on WW since the restart (Monday when I weighed in, I just had loads to eat and actually weighed in at 16st 11lbs on the Tuesday) but seem to have lost about 4lbs since Tuesday. Obviously a lot of that is water weight and just the first week loss, but it would be nice to have a big figure for the first week, so we'll see.

I hope you are all doing well and sorry for abandoning you :(

Happy Slimming =)

Missyb -x-

No comments:

Post a Comment